Thursday, September 30, 2010
The nurses used cloth wipes in the hospital but when we got home I started using disposables. Kaylyn quickly developed a diaper rash so we decided to switch to using cloth at home. I made some flannel wipes by cutting up a large piece of flannel into squares. These worked pretty well but as they grew they seemed like they were too small and did not wipe up really well. My Mother-in-Law made us some new wipes out of terry by running them through the serger. Cloth wipes are super easy to use, I get them wet with warm water then throw them in a bucket beside the change table, with each load of laundry I first put the dirty wipes through a prewash and then add the rest of the girl's laundry.