Friday, May 31, 2013

Foodie Friday- Crockpot Chicken Chowder

Ever since you read this post about me putting crockpot meal sin ziplocks I bet you are dieing to know what the other recipe was, well your wait is over! Here it is!

Chicken Chowder

1/4 Butter
1/4 C Flour
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp Thyme
1 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Pepper
2-4 Chicken Breasts (depending how chicken-y you are feeling)
2 Cans (14.5oz) cream corn (typing this out I realize I only put one in last time I made it, it worked out fine)
1 Can Condensed Chicken Broth
1 1/2C Diced Onion
1 cup Diced red pepper
1 cup diced green pepper

Put all that in the crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until the meat is cooked 
Pull your meat out and rip it apart into bite size pieces and return to crockpot
Add:

1 Pound chopped mushrooms
 1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatos

Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes
Add:

1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
1.2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley

Cook about 15 minutes to reheat and add salt and pepper if needed.

Enjoy!

Sorry, I generally am too excited to eat to take pictures of my food so I guess you will have to make it to see how creamy and delicious it looks!




1 comment: