Friday, February 1, 2013

Foodie Friday - Raisin Muffins

Welcome to my first Foodie Friday, don't count on a post every Friday but when there is a Food related post it will be posted on a Friday!

These muffins are a thorwback ot my sugar-free days, I still make them all the time because they are easy, sugar-free and delicious, espescially if you love raisins as much as I do. Without further ado...

RAISIN MUFFINS

1 1/2 Cups Raisins
1 Cup Water
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

1/2 Cup Butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla

2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt

1. Bring Raisins, Water and spices to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes.(I don't actually measure my spices, just throw some in there and I often add some allspice as well)
2. While your raisin water is making your house smell so good put butter, egg and vanilla in bowl. No need to melt your butter, the raisins will take care of it.
3. Add raisins and raisin water to the bowl, mix to melt the butter
4. Add flour (I use half whole wheat and half white), soda, powder and salt

For regular sized muffins bake 20min @ 375
For mini-muffins (the best option by far) bake 10 min @ 350

Note these are very raisin-y so if you are not a huge raisin fan perhaps cut the raisins down a bit. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment