Friday, April 19, 2013

Foodie Friday - Mango Chicken

This is one of my favourite GF-DF Crock-Pot meals, typing it out makes me want to go make it right now!

 6 Boneless, skinnless chicken thighs or breasts
1 bag (8 oz) frozen mango chunks
2 Red bell peppers, diced
1/3 cup raisins
1 shallot (I use an onion)

3/4 Cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 thin slices of fresh ginger (when I don't have any I use the powder)
1 tsp cumin (I at least douple this, I love cumin)
1/2 tsp curry powder (again add to taste)
1/2 tsp whole cloves
1/4 tsp group red pepper 
Salt & Pepper to taste

The recipe says to brown the chicken and mix the broth and spices first before adding them but I just throw it all in the crockpot, mix it up and turn it on. I usually shred the chicken when it is cooked and serve over rice or quinoa. Cook on low 6-8 hours or High 3-4 hours. Garnish with cilantro if you are into that.

This is one of the recipes I put in a zip-lock for a even easier meal prep later!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment