Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Chalkboard Cupboard



 
I bought myself chalkboard paint awhile back and started dreaming up things I can paint with it. I seem to have a re-occurring problem that when I run out of something I think I will magically remember I need it when it comes to grocery list making time, this does not usually work out great. This led to project #1: a chalkboard inside one of my cupboards so I can write things down right away when I run out.

I taped off the edges and painted away!


I had seen this idea on pinterest that you can put an elastic around you paint can and use it to wipe off instead of the side of the can and therefore keep the sides cleaner. I gave it a try and it works great! 


 All my bamboo needed a new home so while I had the paint out I painted this terracotta pot and will transplant my bamboo to it.

 I have way too many other plans for my chalkboard paint but am pretty happy with these two, I use my cupboard list all the time and have my pot on my desk with one of my favourite sayings on it for while I am working, 'Workflow not work-slow.' I bought a chalkboard marker (don't ask me how it works) and it writes great without all the dusty mess. Win-win.








1 comment:

  1. Those projects look great!! I love chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete